by Stephen Jordan
As many films as there are about young, horny high -school/college kids trying to hook up with girls, there are certainly some that are far superior to many others. Let’s spend some time going through the list of the great, or at least memorable, ones.
1. Porky’s – (1982) – This movie is an absolutely fun sex -comedy. Set in the year of 1954, this comedy is about a group of Florida high school students that seek out to help a buddy lose his virginity, which leads them getting into some revenge hijinks along the way. This is the true definition of a dirty movie. The
infamous shower scene alone makes it worth watching, you know the one. Think of the image of the guy peeping through a hole in the wall watching a girl shower – that’s this movie. The humor may be too juvenile for some, but it works if you’re okay with harsh language, dirty jokes, and nudity.
2. American Pie (1999) – This is also a classic teen flick for a certain generation. I vaguely remember my brother wanting to see this when it came out, I was too young to see it of course. I remember loving it on DVD. The story of four highschool friends making a pact to all lose their virginity before senior year. This introduced us to the phrase “MILF.” Fun fact, that term came from the writer’s brother, so I bet that guy wishes he had followed through on some sort of copyright deal for that acronym! The amazing sequence in the 2nd act, with Shannon Elizabeth naked in Jim’s room is a scene I’ll never forget. And come to think of it, this film has a lot of memorable moments that people still reference today. The infamous pie scene. The character of Stifler. Even Blink 182 made a brief appearance in the movie. And Stifler’s mom, Jennifer Coolidge, was certainly one hot cougar.
“This one time, at band camp…”
3. Superbad (2007) – Of course, this is a modern sex -comedy classic for today’s generation. Genuinely hysterical, with an honest, sweet realism underneath it, despite how unrealistic some things may be – McLovin’s hijinks with the two police officers. It may have been stretching the movie’s realism a bit, but those are still funny regardless. The ending as well worked for me, incredibly so. It’s not over the top and typical like most teen comedies, it dealt with the actions of the characters in a very realistic way, and it was quite smart. You realize the movie is really about these two best friends being afraid to go to college and start their adult lives without one another. Definitely a movie that helped boost Michael Cera’s and Jonah Hill’s careers, along with starting one with Christopher Mintz -Plasse. Of the Seth Rogen/Judd Apatow projects, this is easily among the best of them. Also, could’ve used some more nudity, but I’m not complaining.
4. Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982) – Coming out in the same year as Porky’s, this comedy made a star out of Sean Penn. The movie itself dealt with teen romance and the consequences that can sometimes arise, with laughs and he art. While also giving us that fantastic scene of Phoebe Cates stepping out of a swimming pool in that red bikini. Greatness.
5. Revenge of The Nerds (1984) – Everyone should remember this one. At Adams College, a group of bullied social outcasts and misfits, “nerds”, resolve to fight back for their peace and self-respect at their campus. So they start their own fraternity, and hilarity ensues. You’ve got the geeks versus the popular jocks trying to one-up each other, some full frontal nudity by way of slick high-tech voyeurism, and plenty of belly laughs.
6. H.O.T.S. – (1979) – Folks, this movie begins with a female group shower scene, and ends with a strip football game. If you want unadulterated raunchy fun, this should already be in your Netflix queue. Of Course, in 1978, Animal House made frat houses real cool, so this one had to up its game in its gratuitous sex-comedy antics. That’s Hollywood for ya, but this is still a watchable film nonetheless. It’s really sort of an exploitation film, dealing with the sexy escapades of the H.O.T.S. Sorority.
7. Animal House (1978) – Of course I had to mention Animal House. John Belushi will forever be remembered wearing that toga outfit. It’s one rowdy, disreputable frat house versus the Dean of the college, whose sole intention is to get these trouble makers kicked out. Do you really think these cowboys will let that happen?
Sorry. No data so far.
Sorry. No data so far.